What Are the Production Processes of Silicone Buttons?
Silicone button, as the name implies, is a button product made of silica gel. Silicone button belongs to a product category of silicone products. Silicone button has excellent heat resistance, cold resistance, environmental resistance, electrical insulation, fatigue resistance, etc. features. Silicone button is a silicone rubber product produced by high temperature vulcanized rubber as the main raw material through molding process.
Ⅰ. Reasons for mesh bubbles in the screen printing process of silicone buttons
The phenomenon of web marks that will appear in the silk screen printing process is a relatively common phenomenon. The web marks will cause the surface of the silicone button to be incomplete after silk screen printing. Generally, the main reason for the appearance of web marks is that the ink used in screen printing is not fluid enough, or it may be The mesh of the mesh is relatively thick, as long as the ink with better fluidity is selected and the mesh with finer mesh is selected for silk screen printing.
In the silk screen printing process, there are often bubbles in the silk screen printing. The reason for this situation is that the surface of the silicone product is not clean or has not been cleaned. Stressed substances; the ink itself has air bubbles or uneven viscosity during silk screen printing, which causes air bubbles in silk screen printing; the speed of silk screen printing is too fast, or the speed of the scraper is uneven during silk screen printing; the viscosity of silk screen printing ink is also the main reason for the air bubbles in the screen printing of silicone products. When the viscosity of the ink is high, the surface tension will be relatively large, and it is difficult for the gas in the ink to overflow from the ink and generate bubbles. If the speed of silk screen printing is too fast and the strength of the scraper is uneven, then focus on these aspects. If the quality of the ink is poor, you can try to increase the defoamer, which can increase the viscosity of the ink itself.
Ⅱ. Silicone button production process
1. Raw material preparation (also known as rubber mixing, material preparation, etc.): including mixing of raw rubber, color matching, weight calculation of raw materials, etc.
2. Vulcanization molding (also known as hydraulic molding): High-pressure vulcanization equipment is used for high-temperature vulcanization to make the raw materials of silicone keypads for electronic products solid-state molding.
3. Punching (also known as processing, deburring, etc.): The silicone products that come out of the mold will have some useless burrs and pore chips that need to be removed; at present, in the industry, this process is completely done by hand. The factory is also finished with a punch press.
4. Silk screen printing: This process is only used on some silicone keyboards with patterns on the surface, such as English letters and Arabic numerals on the silicone keyboard. In order to make it easier for users to operate the keys, it is often necessary to silk screen the characters corresponding to the mobile phone keyboard at the corresponding position.
5. Surface treatment: Surface treatment includes dedusting with an air gun.
6. Oil injection: The silicone keyboard is easy to absorb dust in the air under normal conditions, and has a certain degree of viscosity. Spray a thin layer of feel oil on the surface of the silicone button, which can prevent dust and ensure the feel.